Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Love and Sonnets

Whilst I do believe in love, I do not believe it is how it is defined today (or in the past for that matter).

It does exist. It is not some supernatural force that we cannot explain. It is nothing more than a surge in Oxytocin, Dopamine and Serotonin. It is but a feeling of extreme infatuation, something that can be replicated by the use of drugs; under the influence of carcinogens I can have the same feelings towards a Mac n Cheese as I do towards my girlfriend whilst sober.

My point is that whilst love does in fact exist and I do feel it, it is not as people define it. The way I write my Sonnets reflect this concept; whilst they are 14 lines long, they do not follow all the exact criteria as contemporary Shakespearean or Petrarchian sonnets (rhyme scheme etc).   

No comments:

Post a Comment